Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Home Again!

We are back home! Our trip visiting my parents was very good. Gracen was thrilled to spend some time with her cousin, Jordyn. They played in the pool, played babies, and played with Papa's new puppy Joe. Joe, who is very much a puppy, loved to steal their shoes--so maybe chasing Joe is more appropriate than playing with Joe!!

We experienced a first--our first T-Ball game. Jordyn is playing this year and her very first game was Monday evening. I've never seen a game before. It was a lot of fun to see all the little kids trying to hit the ball--and even more fun seeing them play outfield positions! Gracen cheered and cheered.

Since the drive is about 6 hours one way, Gracen and I usually stock up on books on tape from the library. This trip we learned about owls by listening to There's An Owl in the Shower by Jean Craighead George. We laughed at the antics of Louie the Swan in E.B. White's The Trumpet of the Swan. (I loved this book and can't believe I hadn't read it before!) We also listened to--and laughed a lot --Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary. I asked Gracen if she had a favorite and she asked if all of them could be her favorites! We also had 2 Magic Tree House books and The Secret Garden but we didn't get to those!

I have a few pictures to share but I need to charge the batteries first. Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Glad you had fun and glad you are back safely. Can't wait to see the pics.

BTW I've only been in one play in my entire life and it was in first grade = The Trumpet of the Swan. I was the swan! :0) I'm dying to read it to the kiddos. We tried the book on tape on a recent trip but it was too difficult for my kiddos to follow. I'm looking forward to getting the book soon to read to them.

Jeff Miller said...

... and boy am I glad ya'll are back !!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Dana, I love the picture at the top of your post. It captures the tone of your post perfectly.

I love the Trumpet of the Swan. At the beginning there is a great sentence about feeling sorry for someone because they are a musician. I got such a hoot from that line!

We have fond memories in our family of listening to books on tape on long car trips. I'm afraid in the era of personal DVD players kids will miss out on that.

 

blogger templates