Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Piano Recital

Gracen had her piano recital on Sunday afternoon. This was her fifth recital and she was pretty nervous about this one. She had practiced, but I think she even knew that she hadn't really practiced enough. Both pieces had to be memorized and I am pretty sure that added to the nervousness she felt. She did well though, with only a bobble here and there.

Her pieces were Spring by Vivaldi and The Egyptian Ballet Dance by Saint-Saens.
She still says that she enjoys taking piano but making her practice is a struggle. She's taking the month of June off because she's got soccer camp one week and swim lessons for two weeks. I'm hoping that "absence will make the heart grow fonder" but would appreciate any ideas that you may have about practicing!

1 comment:

Tina said...

She looks very pretty in her white dress.

You know, I majored in performance and even when I graduated I was still scared to death when I performed. Gracen - I feel your pain. :0)

 

blogger templates