Recently, I signed Gracen up for something new (to us anyway) from Highlights--Top Secret Adventures. About every 6 weeks, she gets a new case (the case includes a book about the country, "crook" picture cards, and an activity book) in the mail. She has to solve a mystery set in a different country. So far, she's done Australia and Japan. These have been great. They are very similar to the game Clue, which she loves. In each case, she has to figure out who the crook is, what they stole, and where they hid it. While she solves the mystery, she learns a lot about the country. The only down side to her is the 6 weeks between each case because she has finished each one on the day she got it!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Highlights
Recently, I signed Gracen up for something new (to us anyway) from Highlights--Top Secret Adventures. About every 6 weeks, she gets a new case (the case includes a book about the country, "crook" picture cards, and an activity book) in the mail. She has to solve a mystery set in a different country. So far, she's done Australia and Japan. These have been great. They are very similar to the game Clue, which she loves. In each case, she has to figure out who the crook is, what they stole, and where they hid it. While she solves the mystery, she learns a lot about the country. The only down side to her is the 6 weeks between each case because she has finished each one on the day she got it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
My son loved those Top Secrets! He got tired of them. My second will be getting them soon because they are just such a great way to get a little info on so many countries in such a fun way.
Shorty
I've seen those! What age would you say they are appropriate for? I was wondering if Lyndal was still too young to figure out the mystery part?
I loved Highlights when I was a girl. I liked the two pictures that looked *almost* identical and you had to find the changes.
Top Secrets sounds like fun.
Tina--
I think Lyndal would certainly be able to figure out the mystery; there is a lot of reading and coded messages so I guess it would depend on how she likes that kind of stuff!!
Carol, Gracen loves finding the differences in those pictures too!
Oooh, I loved the "Hidden Pictures" the best!+
Oh, how fun. But mostly I just came over because I thought,
"I don't remember commenting on this post. I commented on the first one, but not this one..."
'Cause I was at Lindsay's blog and thought it odd I had commented.
Then I realized that I'm not the only Dana. I'm not even the only Dana whose blog I read. I just happen to be the only one who signs her comments with Dana.
So, anyway, to make a long story short, it's nice to meet you, Dana!
We get these for Houston Dana and love them too! :-)
Post a Comment