This has been a difficult week for Gracen. She had to have the procedure done on her nose again Tuesday. Hopefully, this time will work. The doctor also wants her to have blood work done to make sure nothing else is going on. The experience at the doctor's office was tough for both us. She absolutely didn't want to have it done again--and I absolutely didn't want to make her!
We made the very tough decision to pull her out of soccer this season. We didn't want to take a chance on her being whacked in the nose right now. She was hugely disappointed, but overall handled it like a trooper.
My 6 year old niece, Jordyn, is a first grader this year. The first couple of weeks have been tough on her. Her close friend moved and is attending another school. The school that Jordyn is going to is a new to her school. There have only been a couple of days that she hasn't cried.
My heart goes out to her. I vividly remember many days spent crying at school. There were several years that were just tough--no specific reason, really. Sometimes the tears would just come; I didn't want them to and tried hard not to, but they came anyway.
Things have been better for Jordyn this week. So far, she's only had to go to school one day! Many of the roads in my hometown (in Arkansas) have been flooded. They have received much rain from what is left of Gustav.
Prayers for both of these little girls would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:
I'm so very sorry to hear that Gracen had to have the procedure again. Poor girl!!! We, too, have recently been reminded of how difficult childhood can be. My challenge is to remember that even if I can't understand the feelings of my child (they seem totally illogical to me) - my job is to validate their feelings and guide them through it. Parenting is so tough sometimes!!!!!! I'm praying for both girls.
I can totally relate to that, Tina. Kids' feelings often don't make sense to us adults and it is often hard for me to navigate through them. In addition to seeming illogical to me, they always sometimes change very quickly! Yet another reason for them to learn God's truth early.
We'll put them both in our prayer book here, Dana. My sweet Nathan really has a heart for hurting people and we pray nightly for those we love who we know are having a time. I've shown him pictures of Gracen and the doggies online and he loves and talks about them! We so need to come see you guys.
Post a Comment