Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feed Me!!

The bird eggs have hatched!  The 3 in the front get the most face time--there are either 5 or 6 in the nest.  

Gracen has had a fun time watching them open their mouths at almost any sound.  She has also been fascinated by the amount of energy the momma (and daddy?) expend to keep the little ones fed!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tina said...

VERY cool!!!

Sarah VW said...

Wow, their mouths are huge! Thanks for posting the pictures -- really neat to see.

pdrinkard said...

our bluebirds hatched this week, too, and the momma and daddy are just constantly flying around trying to keep those little mouths fed. Like yours, anytime there's any sound near the box out pop the heads ...or really, the MOUTHS. We must also have had a recent hatching of cardinals, because there are about five or six little cardinals flitting from tree to tree and obviously getting their wings! It was pure pleasure to watch them yesterday afternoon from our deck.

Carla said...

That's amazing. I've only seen baby birds in pictures, so that is really cool.

Also, I can empathize with the momma bird working hard to feed her babies! I am thankful I only have one mouth to feed though!

 

blogger templates