Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Golden Compass

I've heard a lot of talk about the new movie, The Golden Compass. It is the first of three movies based on a trilogy of books by Phillip Pullman.

This article was very interesting to me because it told "more of the story" so to speak. I wanted to know more about the movie and the books. Honestly, I doubt this would be a movie (or books, even) that I would want to see. Generally, fantasy isn't my favorite genre. I was a reluctant viewer/reader of The Lord of the Rings. It has, however, stood the test of time as my all time favorite movie/story!

Check it out if you have time~it isn't terribly long and is worth reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana, thanks for refering us to this very helpful and thoughtful (and intelligent) review of this movie and the books. I feel a little more equipped by having read this.

Julie said...

Thank you! My husband and I have been discussing this movie. I now feel much more informed.

Dana said...

Glad it helped. I thought it was an intelligent look at the movie and books too.

 

blogger templates