Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle

We read this book over the past few days. What a fun book! This one was a new one to me. I found it on Paperback Swap while looking for Magic Tree House books. (I am planning to get a review of these books up next week.)

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle is every child's dream. She smells like cookies, lives in an upside down house, and doesn't get upset if things get broken. She is also great help to parents with children who have come down with answer backitis, selfishness, won't take baths syndrome and various other maladies. She has great cures too.

Gracen thoroughly enjoyed this one. In fact, we have ordered Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Farm from Paperback Swap. I also found this site for enjoying the television series of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle (starring Jean Stapleton from All In The Family fame). I didn't know there was a television show and we have not watched one yet--so please preview it first.

5 comments:

Julie said...

We have Miss Piggle Wiggle's Magic - found it at a thrift store. We don't have the original Miss Piggle Wiggle, but have heard it on tape - loved it! I am planning to put it on Hannah Beth's Christmas list. Miss Piggle Wiggle can be very helpful around our house! Didn't know about Miss Piggle Wiggle's Farm or the tv series. Will definitely check those out!

Tina said...

I'll have to put these on our wish list. I've never heard of them. I've just been wondering over the last few days what to get Lyndal to read next. She's almost completed the Magic Tree House series and the American Girl Doll Felicity series and has just started in on The Littles. I think she has about 6 of those to read. I was at a loss as to what to get her next. I think we will check these out!!! I would also love any other recommendations.

Anonymous said...

Tina,
Has she read The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White? I bet she'd like it. The Nate the Great books may be a little below her reading level, but she may enjoy the stories. (He's a detective, which Gracen loves.) I'll have to think of some more and look at the book shelf! There are lots that Gracen has enjoyed reading all by herself.

Tina said...

Thanks, Dana!

Julie said...

I love Dana, the librarian!!!

 

blogger templates