Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Question

I have a question for you...

How do you "get ready" for the day? Do you have a ritual, routine that without which your day doesn't start quite right? Are you a hopper out of bed ready to greet the day? Do you pull the covers over your eyes and hope that it really isn't morning?

Do you listen to t.v./radio or like things quiet and serene?

There are no surprises here, my morning starts with a pretty set routine. And, yes, the day is kind of disjointed and bumfuzzled without it. I try to get up before Gracen and listen to the radio while I get ready. I usually do a quick check of email and news on the computer before getting Gracen up and setting about the task of finding something somewhat nourishing to give her for breakfast.

I'm just curious.... :)

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm one of those who pulls the covers up over my head and hopes that it really isn't morning! I've never been a morning person. I, unfortunately, tend to wake up rather grumpy. To combat this it is better if I wake up before the kiddos and have some time to myself. BUT since being pregnant and not sleeping - I'm getting in as many hours as I can which means that I'm getting up when they wake up. I usually have to say a few sentences of prayer and ask God to help me treat them with love. I usually check e-mail and blogs before we have breakfast.

Anonymous said...

I get up reluctantly...let the dogs out...get my coffee and have my QT...then check email and get Sam up. I rarely varied, though the QT may be longer or shorter depending on how late I let myself sleep and what's on the plate for the day.

Julie said...

I sway back and forth. One way I like, doesn't work well for us: I sleep until some little one climbs in the bed with me. We usually talk and snuggle until a 2nd one joins us. We talk some, but the snuggling turns to wrestling and tickling - which I don't do well. The down side of this is that I feel like I'm playing "catch up" all day. Everything starts late. But I love the kids in the bed - they are still and quiet even if for just a few minutes. The other routine is if I get up before them and get a few things done before they are up. This doesn't last long because usually any noise wakes them up. Guaranteed that if I get my Bible out, they popped out of bed. Those pages must be louder than I thought! I'm not a morning person. I like 9:00am better!

 

blogger templates