Gracen's room was the one room in the house that we didn't paint 4 years ago when we moved in. She liked the pink. She and I added the butterfly stamps .
Times change and little girls grow and decide that they don't like pink quite so much. Purple now reigns supreme. So, on Labor Day weekend, we labored! The walls had to be primed twice--and painted a lovely shade of Sugar Plum (twice).
The dots were a compromise. Gracen originally wanted stripes. We were more than a little leery of trying to paint straight stripes. So, we pulled out the other colors in her comforter, got some clear contact paper and Gracen painted dots. (Looking back, I probably would have put tissue paper between the pieces of contact for more color, but she really wanted to paint!) After everything was dry, the dots were strategically placed on the walls. It did bring some more color in the room. (Don't you love the Legolas poster on the wall?! She's been fascinated with him forever and she's only seen parts of the movies!)
The original closet doors were bi-folds that had a nasty habit of pinching fingers so we took those down and put up a fun shower fabric shower curtain instead.
The bedding that started it all!!
Thanks, Jeff, for working so hard to give her a great room! (He wasn't real sure about the paint color after the first coat. "It looks like Barney the dinosaur came in and exploded.")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
AWESOME ROOM!!! Bravo to all the laborers and decorators.
Looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like a grown up girl's room instead of a little girl's room. You guys did a great job!!
Love the circle idea - creative and add so much fun detail! Great idea about the shower curtain! I had bi-fold shudder style closet doors - always hated them!
Thanks so much!
Boy, this looks really, really great. You guys did a great job and you are teaching Gracen alot about the CAN Do spirit. I love your creativity and willingness to make a work of art out of the room redo.
I love the room! Ya'll did a great job, I love the pokadots. I may have to have Gracen come help with Japser's room!
Post a Comment