Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The First

Our first yield from our little garden experiment. We were so excited that something actually grew!

As I looked at the garden this morning, I had the sneaking suspicion that I better start searching for zucchini recipes. There are 4 plants in the squash row; I thought 2 were yellow squash and 2 were zucchini--at least that was my assumption(though not verified in any way) when I thinned out the seedlings.

It appears as though we have three zucchini plants and one yellow squash. And I hear that zucchini can be quite prolific!! They do all have a lot of blooms on them.

It should be fun...

5 comments:

Tina said...

Yeah!

Julie said...

yummy! I have a recipe for a salad: salad mix of choice, grilled steak, zuchini, Italian dressing, parm. cheese. My husband doesn't like Italian, so he puts other dressing on it.

pdrinkard said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathy b said...

Woohoo! You have earned your green thumb badge for sure!

Unknown said...

Oh! Such fun!

I cannot wait for my first fruit to come in. We got a late start but I we have cantaloupe that is looking promising!

 

blogger templates