Monday, September 19, 2011

Do You See What I See?


I took this picture the other day when Gracen and I were out roaming. It wasn't until I got home and uploaded the pictures that I saw it--there are five little fishes swimming around under that leaf.

That leaf, which I happen to think is beautiful in its own right, floating on the glass-water hides an entire other world. A living, active world.

This picture represents much of what I love about photography. Sometimes there is much in the background, much in the slightly out of focus.

And unless you take the time and really look, sometimes looking into what isn't the focal point, even into what isn't the "pretty", you may miss the best part. You may miss the really important.

So, I'm going to look a little deeper, go past what it is immediately in focus and see what I find and what I can learn.

And not only in pictures.

Without a doubt, I'll be thankful.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Seeing what is behind...lifting the veil and looking beyond.

 

blogger templates