Saturday, November 12, 2011

Up All Night & Demises


Last night, Gracen had her first ever lock-in. She was very excited, needless to say.

She stayed up all night. She is currently staring bleary eyed at her computer, biding her time until it is deemed cool (by 12 year old standards) to go to bed.

And I realized, again, that if one member of the household stays up all night the other members essentially do too. They get to share by proxy.

This day has been a day of demises in our house. I lost what I thought was a pretty good skillet--at least it was a good size. Turns out, there are truly some things that just won't come off.

I also happened to catch sight of the hamster cage. I don't generally look in on Cookie--I appreciate her from afar. She was curled up in the wheel.

Closer inspection revealed that she was, in fact, dead. I don't know whether she was running on the wheel and just couldn't go anymore--hamster coronary, if you will, or whether it was just her time to go. I have a rather sinking feeling that perhaps her food bowl didn't get filled quite as often as it should have.

Cooking rice for supper resulted in another lost cooking vessel. Doesn't take long for the water to cook out and the rice to stick--especially when you walk outside for just a few minutes.

So we are down 2 pans and a hamster.

Two of those things will go on my Christmas wish list; one most definitely will not.

I think showers for about to be married people are ill-timed. Couples really need showers at about 15-20 years in. A celebration for not having killed each other :) and a replacement for all things household!

I'm off to do that southern Saturday tradition--hello, pigskin; Go Hogs! Think I'll also convince my kid that 7:30 is really a cool time to go to bed...




<span class=

No comments:

 

blogger templates