Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas

I always say that this time of year is going to be slower than it has been in years past.

This year, that has been partially true.

In November, I found a crack in my leg. Cracks in prostheses are NOT a good thing. Skin gets pinched, stability gets compromised...in short, just makes walking a fairly painful affair.

The process of making a new leg began. It isn't a short process because it is so much easier to make changes before making the final socket (top part of the leg). After several test sockets and much gratefulness to my leg guy for working so hard to get the right fit, I have a new leg as of yesterday.

There were some issues that will necessitate some tweaks--there always are. I'm currently in the "living with it" phase to see just what tweaks need to be made. At the end of the process, I'm always amazed that something that isn't naturally a part of me somehow becomes a part of me. In fact, during the time I've been without a leg, I've learned again how much I hate just sitting!

Despite the trips to the leg place and Jeff's incident with the stairs (he fell down a flight of stairs and broke his collarbone--we were actually thankful for the broken bone; it could have been so much worse), we've managed to get the house decorated though not quite as much as usual. Lists have been made and gifts bought. Christmas plans have been made.

We are all ready for the Christmas break. Time with family, time with each other--just time!

In case I don't get back here before Christmas, have a very Merry Christmas!




<span class=

4 comments:

Jen U. said...

Beautiful picture of Gracen! Merry Christmas, Dana! I am praying for you all right now and hope you have a beautiful one!

AB Gracey said...

Dear Dana: I came upon your blog looking for home schooling sites. I do not know if you home school, but as a mother, you may be interested in the story, http://www.examiner.com/spiritual-perspectives-in-baltimore/in-the-face-of-adversity-the-story-behind-the-home-schooling-movement.

The story is about my own mom, and the obstacles she faced when she tried to home school us.

I hope you will enjoy the story, and I hope you will share it.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Amy Gracey

homeschool curriculum said...

I hope your leg heals fast. Happy New Year.

The Ambivalent Misanthrope said...

Your blog and your story are lovely. I hope you come back and update us on your journey.

 

blogger templates