Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A Reminder

Sometimes I need a reminder.

I wrote this a while back and needed to re-read it.

I need reminding to keep doing what I know is right and true even when the easier path beckons.

One of the things I find myself repeating a lot is "I love you enough..." Some things Gracen understands and some she will come to understand and will hopefully appreciate one day!

I love you enough...

...to tell and show you when you are wrong. No excuses, reasons, or seeming provocation can erase the fact that you are a sinner and you will do wrong.

...to expect, demand, and model acceptance of discipline and/or punishment in the face of said wrongdoing.

...to remain your parent, not your friend, as you navigate the world of pre-adolescent and adolescent emotions.

...to demand that you take responsibility for your actions and your words.

...to require obedience and respect.

...to make you work for some things that we could give you.

...to tell you no sometime.

...to show you that, as cute as you may be, you are not the center of our world.

...to support the teachers and other adults under whose authority we have chosen to place you.

...to protect your innocence even as you grow up.

...to guide and encourage you to think deeply and Biblically in an increasingly shallow world.

...to let you be the you God designed--not an imitation of your parents or anyone else.

...to apologize to you and ask for your forgiveness when I am wrong.

...to guide you through disappointments that will come your way.

...to enjoy your growing up years as much as I did your baby years.


<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

No comments:

 

blogger templates