Monday, October 29, 2007

The Costume

Last night was the Reformation Celebration at church. Gracen dressed as Guinevere--the name she gave herself while assuming the role of a medieval princess! She had a great time, learned a lot, and came home with all sorts of goodies.

I got lucky at a consignment sale and found her dress for only $5. The cape and hat I made--just don't look too closely (especially anyone who sews well). Every time I sit down at my sewing machine and begin making something for Gracen, between the exasperated sighs and a few words that are muttered under my breath, I hear my grandmother saying, "One day you will want to know how to sew." So I smile, reap out the seams, and start over again and wish that I had learned more from her.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tina said...

Good job!!!! She looks GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Great costume Dana!

Ellie said...

She looks great! Mama would be proud!

 

blogger templates