Thursday, December 04, 2008

Paper Craft Thursday

This is an Advent Calendar that I made for Gracen.

For several years, we have done the Jesse Tree. I took the verses that we used for the Jesse tree and wrote them on circle cut outs. Next came the mini Reese's cups (Gracen's favorite). I put smaller circle cut outs on top of them and numbered them.

Each night, she takes a Reese's, finds and reads the verse for that evening, and then hangs the ornament for the night. For our family, I used the patterns found here and the verses/devotionals found here.

So far, she has really enjoyed this. Be sure to go here for more paper craft ideas.

I would love to hear how your family celebrates Advent!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

moreofhim said...

How cute! I love this idea! Thank you for sharing this.

I'm afraid I love the Peanut Butter Cups, too, a little too much. LOL I'd have to stay away from those. My kids would like them, though, and this would be a really fun project!

God bless you ~ Julie

Linda C said...

This is a very creative idea! I love the peanut butter cup angle:)
Merry Christmas!
Linda C

Anonymous said...

I love advent. Now that the kids are so grown, I just use the advent candle wreath on our table and only light the appropriate candle(s) for each week, but we used to love just the simple Hallmark ones where you open a paper door each day to see a picture. Leeanna has one where you take a small stuffed camel/lamb/shepherd etc. out of a pouch and attach it velcro style to the background till the whole nativity scene is complete at Christmas.
I'm quite sad that our new church here does not participate in Advent celebrations at all. :(

Kelli said...

What a wonderful idea to celebrate Advent! Beautiful!
~kelli

Clare said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

 

blogger templates