Tuesday, November 04, 2008

16 Things

Jen tagged me on Facebook to list 16 things that people may not know about me. Since I haven't totally figured out Facebook yet, I decided to post this here!

1) I don't like sweet tea. Born and raised in the South and can't stand the stuff! I only like a few hot teas (spice tea, recipe from Tina, is my favorite!)

2) The only scary movie I have ever watched is Poltergeist. Just never been into them much.

3) I can't remember names of musical artists. I may remember a song and be able to sing along with it on the radio, but 99% of the time, I will not be able to tell you who sings it. (This has added much spice to our marriage. Jeff can tell you who is singing a song, who wrote the song, and who is playing back up!)

4) I prefer the mountains to the beach and cold weather to hot.

5) My goal when I was a little kid was to grow up and work in "the Dixie Dandy", the local grocery store. I was fascinated with the cash register. This was before scanners--you actually got to punch the keys for every item.

6) I still like to swing.

7) My sister still scares me when she takes me for spin on the four wheeler when I visit! She goes entirely too fast.

8) I have an irrational fear of spiders. Can't stand the little suckers.

9) I enjoy watching those sappy made for t.v. movies every once in a while, especially around Christmas.

10) I can't stand Chinese food.

11) I have only been in an ocean (to swim) twice in my life.

12) I have no sense of direction, zero, zip.

13) If I had followed my career choice out of high school, I would have been a lawyer.

14) I wrecked the driver's ed. car in high school. The wreck wasn't my fault--I was hit by another car. We hit a pine tree and the car was totaled. I got an "A" in the class though.

15) I never skipped school. I was too afraid of getting in trouble!

16) On my 16th birthday, my dad let me take his truck "cruising" around our small town. I ran the truck into the Sonic pole as I was backing out. Nothing like trying to look cool while simultaneously dislodging a bumper from the Sonic speaker and crying "My Dad will kill me!"

1 comment:

Tina said...

Very interesting, Dana. I learned some things about you that I didn't know.

 

blogger templates